Think College is a national organization dedicated to developing, expanding, and improving research and practice in inclusive higher education for students with intellectual disability. Think College encompasses multiple projects focused on postsecondary opportunities for students with intellectual disability which focus on:
» Developing and improving postsecondary education options across the United States
» Coordinating federally-funded model demonstration projects (Transition and Postsecondary Education Programs for Students with Intellectual Disability, or TPSIDs)
» Building college and career readiness for middle school students through an online accessible curriculum
» Researching the effectiveness of dual enrollment in high school and college as a transition practice for students with intellectual disability
» Studying the impact of vocational rehabilitation on postsecondary education and employment opportunities for students with intellectual disability and autism
Want more? The Think College website provides numerous resources for families, educators, policymakers, researchers, and more:
- The College Search allows people to review information on over 270 higher education programs in the US, with the option to filter, search, and save results.
- Families can find a specially-designed page with resources to assist with understanding options and making decisions about postsecondary opportunities.
- Rethinking College is a 25-minute ﬁlm that explores the growing movement to include students with intellectual disability in higher education, with a Viewer’s Guide and other supporting materials available.
- The Resource Library includes nearly 700 articles, videos, archived webinars, reports, research briefs, websites, and more on a wide range of topics related to transition, postsecondary education, independent living, and employment.
- There is also a helpful US map which includes links to disability organizations and state-specific legislation on the What’s Happening in Your State
Curious? Want to learn more?
Visit our website: www.thinkcollege.net
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thinkcollege/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/thinkcollegeICI
Email us: thinkcollegeTA@gmail.com