The U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Disability Employment Policy recently announced a total of $9,286,909 in continued funding for organizations that develop models, provide technical assistance and share best practices to improve employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
The recipients and the amount of funding they are receiving are:
• The West Virginia University Research Corporation in Morgantown, West Virginia, is receiving $2,499,901 to operate the Job Accommodation Network.
• The Institute for Educational Leadership in the District of Columbia is receiving $1,088,028 for the National Technical Assistance and Demonstration Center on Preparing Youth with Disabilities for Employment.
• The National Disability Institute, also in the District of Columbia, is receiving $1,098,573 to operate the National Center on Leadership for Employment and Advancement of Citizens with Disabilities.
• The Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America in Arlington, Virginia, is receiving $950,000 to operate ODEP’s Partnership on Employment and Accessible Technology Center.
• The Pathways to Careers: Community Colleges for Youth and Young Adults with Disabilities Demonstration Project is receiving a total of $1,802,057.
For more information, visit www.dol.gov/odep