New Top Rated Resource on “Quick Links & Important Phone Numbers”

Visit the links below to get information about Social Security benefits, home health care, rental assistance, help finding a job and much more. At the bottom of this page you’ll also find a list of frequently requested government telephone numbers. (Note: When you visit the links below, you’ll be directed to websites outside of

  • Thousands of people call or visit 2-1-1 every day for help finding housing, paying for food and utility bills, learning about job opportunities and more:

We hope you find these quick links helpful, but if you didn’t find the information you’re looking for, please check out’s Guides to Information and Resources for more resources:

Below is a list of frequently called government telephone numbers you may find useful.

  • 2-1-1: Information about food and nutrition assistance programs, homeless shelters and housing options, help paying utility bills, employment and education opportunities, services for Veterans, health care and vaccinations and more.
  • ADA Information Line: 1-800-514-0301 (TTY: 1-800-514-0383) — Information about the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and filing an ADA complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice.
  • ADA National Network: 1-800-949-4232 — Information and training on how to comply with the ADA.
  • Eldercare Locator: 1-800-677-1116 — Help finding transportation, in-home care, legal assistance and other home and community-based services near you.
  • 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325) — Information on the Affordable Care Act and health insurance coverage options, including Medicare.
  • Housing discrimination complaints: 1-800-669-9777 (TTY: 1-800-927-9275) — Information on filing a Fair Housing complaint with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
  • Job Accommodation Network: 1-800-526-7234 (TTY: 1-877-781-9403) — Answers to questions about workplace accommodations and the ADA.
  • Nursing home complaints: Choose your state for the phone number and website.
  • Public Housing Information Resource Center: 1-800-955-2232 — Information from HUD on rental assistance and public housing vouchers.
  • Replacement Medicare cards: 1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778) Also has information on applying for help with Medicare prescription drug costs.
  • SAMHSA’s National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357) (TDD: 1-800-487-4889) — Free and confidential information in English and Spanish for individuals and family members facing substance abuse and mental health issues.
  • Social Security Administration (SSA): 1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778) — Information on disability benefit applications and payments. There are also a lot of things you can do online, including applying for benefits, getting a new Social Security card, changing your address, etc.
  • State Councils on Developmental Disabilities: Information and advocacy for people with developmental disabilities and their families. Choose your state for the phone number and website.
  • State Health Insurance Assistance Programs (SHIP): Free insurance counseling and assistance for people enrolled in Medicare, their families and caregivers. Choose your state for the phone number and website.
  • State Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies: Help finding employment, job training and education opportunities. Choose your state for the phone number and website.
  • Ticket to Work Help Line: 1-866-968-7842 (TTY: 1-866-833-2967) — Get answers to questions about going back to work while receiving Social Security disability benefits.
  • TSA Cares: 1-855-787-2227 — Information for air travelers with disabilities, medical conditions and other special circumstances who may need additional assistance during the security screening process.
  • USAGov Contact Center: 1-844-USA-GOV1 (1-844-872-4681) — Information about income taxes, affordable housing, passports, government benefits and much more.
  • U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration’s (ETA) Toll Free Help Line: 1-877-US2 JOBS (1-877-872-5627) for information about employment and training programs and services
  • U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission: 1-800-669-4000 — Information on how to file a charge of employment discrimination.
  • VA Caregiver Support Line: 1-855-260-3274 — Help from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for caregivers of Veterans.
  • Veterans Disability Compensation: 1-800-827-1000 — Learn about benefits for Veterans with service-connected disabilities.

Leave a Reply